Folk and Electric StylesOne of the great things about The Skip Jacks is that they offer two very different styles of music, which can add a little bit of variety and excitement to your event! Their folky or "Mumford and Sons" style, sees them switch up the standard electric instruments for their acoustic counterparts. In their folk sets they play songs by some of the worlds most popular folk bands, such as Mumford and Sons and the Lumineers, but also introduce some unexpected songs with a whole new style! Just take a look at their Cover of Taylor Swift’s 'Shake it Off' and you’ll see what we mean! Go to the 'Watch' tab above to see their folk video.To check out their electric style go to their other page - click here.Their set list is tried and tested and is sure to get your guests up and dancing! The Skip Jacks are ideal if you are having a festival wedding, or if you’re just looking for a band that can bring the fun!The Skip Jacks offer more live music as standard than most bands out there, with 3 x 45 minute sets. These can be split into styles as you wish, so 1 set of folk and 2 sets electric or vice versa. However, if you want even more music than that just let us know as the band can usually accommodate at an additional fee.Here is what the band will offer in a standard quote;
- 3 x 45 sets of live music between 8pm and midnight.
- Arrival at 5pm to set up and sound check by 7pm.
- Pre-set playlist between sets so you don't need to hire a DJ. The band can also take some requests in advance for this.
- First dance learnt.
- Fully PAT certified equipment, PA and lighting.
- All travel costs.
- All necessary insurances to play at all UK wedding venues.
The MusiciansThe band originally met while studying at the Academy Of Contemporary Music in Guildford. Since then they have worked separately on various projects, including theatre productions such as ‘Singing’ in The Rain, playing festivals such as Camp Bestival, performing on live radio, and touring Europe with original bands. Between them they have a wealth of experience which is clear to see when you watch them perform.
Folk Style Video
Electric Style Video
- Ho Hey
- I Will Wait
- Shake It Off
- Mr Brightside
- Hello (SJ Folk Remix)
- Adele – Hello
- A-ha – Take On Me
- Amy Winehouse – Valerie
- Andy Williams – Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
- Arctic Monkeys – I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
- Avicii – Wake Me Up
- Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreets Back)
- The Beatles – I Saw Her Standing There
- The Beatles – Twist and Shout
- Ben E. King – Stand By Me
- Bill Hayley and The Comets – Rock around the clock
- Blackstreet – No Diggity
- Blink 182 – All The Small Things
- Blur – Parklife
- Bon Jovi – Living on a Prayer
- Britney Spears – Hit Me Baby / Oops I did it again
- Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
- Bryan Adams – Summer of 69
- Chuck Berry – Johnny Be Good
- The Clash – Should I Stay Or Should I Go
- Coolio – Gangsta’s Paradise / Tetris
- Craig David – 7 Days
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- Daniel Beddingfield – Gotta Get Through This
- Deep Blue Something – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Dick Dale and His Del-Tones – Misirlou (that song from Pulp Fiction)
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
- The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army
- Elvis – Hound Dog
- The Fratellis – Chelsea Dagger
- Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff – Boom Shake The Room
- Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff – Fresh Prince of Belair
- Ini Kamoze – Hotstepper
- Jason Mraz – I’m Yours
- Jerry Lee Lewis – Great Balls of Fire
- Jess Glynne – Hold My Hand
- Jet – Are You Gonna Be My Girl
- The Killers – Mr Brightside
- Kings of Leon – Sex On Fire
- Lady Gaga – Bad Romance
- The Lumineers – Hey Ho
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
- Mark Morrison – Return of The Mack
- Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On
- The Monkees – I’m A Believer
- Montell Jordan – This Is How We Do It
- Mumford ans Sons – I Will Wait
- Mumford And Sons – Lion Man
- Mumford and Sons – The Cave
- Oasis – Champagne Supernova
- Omi – Cheerleader
- Otis Redding – Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
- Paulo Nutini – Pencil Full of Lead
- Peter Andre – Mysterious Girl
- Plan B – She Said
- Pharrell – Happy
- The Proclaimers – 500 Miles
- Queen – Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Rihanna – We Found Love
- Robyn Thicke – Blurred Lines
- Sam Smith – Stay With Me
- Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
- Steelers Wheel – Stuck in the Middle With You
- Take That – Back For Good
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
- Wild Cherry – Play That Funky Music
I just wanted to send you a few words of thanks to pass on to The Skip Jacks. It's two weeks since the wedding and I'm still hearing from people about how brilliant they were. I know they stepped in at relatively short notice but no one guessed. In fact, my now brother-in-law managed to have a 5 minute practice with them during the speeches, so he could sing Hallelujah with them for my wife and I. Really, they were very kind to let him do that and to play a few extra songs when the crowd were begging them not to stop at the end. I'll be selling them to every fiancé I know for a long while, in the selfish hope that I'll see them play again.
All the best, Brett - London, 6th August 2016
To hire this folk and pop fusion band please email use the contact form below.
To find out more about the band visit their website – http://theskipjacks.co.uk.