The Skip Jacks
London Folk Wedding Band
Get In Touch
The Skip Jacks are a 5 piece folk and pop band from London made up of female vocals, drums, guitar, bass/double bass and keyboard, as well as backing vocals. Their versatility, enthusiasm and fun nature are making them a huge hit with clients. They offer a unique twist on pop tunes with their own folk style using a line-up of double bass, keys, acoustic guitars, drums and female vocals.
Folk and Electric Styles
One of the great things about The Skip Jacks is that they offer two very different styles of music, which can add a little bit of variety and excitement to your event! Their folky or "Mumford and Sons" style, sees them switch up the standard electric instruments for their acoustic counterparts. In their folk sets they play songs by some of the worlds most popular folk bands, such as Mumford and Sons and the Lumineers, but also introduce some unexpected songs with a whole new style! Just take a look at their Cover of Taylor Swift’s 'Shake it Off' and you’ll see what we mean! Go to the 'Watch' tab above to see their folk video.
Their set list is tried and tested and is sure to get your guests up and dancing! The Skip Jacks are ideal if you are having a festival wedding, or if you’re just looking for a band that can bring the fun!
Standard Wedding Band Service
The Skip Jacks offer more live music as standard than most bands out there, with 3 x 45 minute sets. These can be split into styles as you wish, so 1 set of folk and 2 sets electric or vice versa. However, if you want even more music than that just let us know as the band can usually accommodate at an additional fee.
Here is what the band will offer in a standard quote;
- 3 x 45 sets of live music between 8pm and midnight.
- Arrival at 5pm to set up and sound check by 7pm.
- Pre-set playlist between sets so you don't need to hire a DJ. The band can also take some requests in advance for this.
- First dance learnt.
- Fully PAT certified equipment, PA and lighting.
- All travel costs.
- All necessary insurances to play at all UK wedding venues.
If you are also looking for extra entertainment for your ceremony, drinks reception, photo hour or wedding breakfast then just let us know and we can do you a bit of a deal. The bands vintage folk style set would be perfect for afternoon entertainment, but they can also provide an additional jazz set which works excellently as background music.
London Based Musicians
The band originally met while studying at the Academy Of Contemporary Music in Guildford. Since then they have moved to London and began working separately on various projects, including theatre productions such as ‘Singing’ in The Rain, playing festivals including Camp Bestival, performing on live radio, and touring Europe with original bands. Between them they have a wealth of experience which is clear to see when you watch them perform.
If you'd like to see more from The Skip Jacks and what they've been up to recently, you can follow their instagram account @skipjacksband
- Adele – Hello
- A-ha – Take On Me
- Amy Winehouse – Valerie
- Andy Williams – Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
- Arctic Monkeys – I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
- Avicii – Wake Me Up
- Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreets Back)
- The Beatles – I Saw Her Standing There
- The Beatles – Twist and Shout
- Ben E. King – Stand By Me
- Bill Hayley and The Comets – Rock around the clock
- Blackstreet – No Diggity
- Blink 182 – All The Small Things
- Blur – Parklife
- Bon Jovi – Living on a Prayer
- Britney Spears – Hit Me Baby / Oops I did it again
- Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
- Bryan Adams – Summer of 69
- Chuck Berry – Johnny Be Good
- The Clash – Should I Stay Or Should I Go
- Coolio – Gangsta’s Paradise / Tetris
- Craig David – 7 Days
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- Daniel Beddingfield – Gotta Get Through This
- Deep Blue Something – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Dick Dale and His Del-Tones – Misirlou (that song from Pulp Fiction)
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
- The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army
- Elvis – Hound Dog
- The Fratellis – Chelsea Dagger
- Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff – Boom Shake The Room
- Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff – Fresh Prince of Belair
- Ini Kamoze – Hotstepper
- Jason Mraz – I’m Yours
- Jerry Lee Lewis – Great Balls of Fire
- Jess Glynne – Hold My Hand
- Jet – Are You Gonna Be My Girl
- The Killers – Mr Brightside
- Kings of Leon – Sex On Fire
- Lady Gaga – Bad Romance
- The Lumineers – Hey Ho
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
- Mark Morrison – Return of The Mack
- Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On
- The Monkees – I’m A Believer
- Montell Jordan – This Is How We Do It
- Mumford ans Sons – I Will Wait
- Mumford And Sons – Lion Man
- Mumford and Sons – The Cave
- Oasis – Champagne Supernova
- Omi – Cheerleader
- Otis Redding – Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
- Paulo Nutini – Pencil Full of Lead
- Peter Andre – Mysterious Girl
- Plan B – She Said
- Pharrell – Happy
- The Proclaimers – 500 Miles
- Queen – Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Rihanna – We Found Love
- Robyn Thicke – Blurred Lines
- Sam Smith – Stay With Me
- Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
- Steelers Wheel – Stuck in the Middle With You
- Take That – Back For Good
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
- Wild Cherry – Play That Funky Music
Hi Chris, I just wanted to send you a few words of thanks to pass on to The Skip Jacks. It's two weeks since the wedding and I'm still hearing from people about how brilliant they were. I know they stepped in at relatively short notice but no one guessed. In fact, my now brother-in-law managed to have a 5 minute practice with them during the speeches, so he could sing Hallelujah with them for my wife and I. Really, they were very kind to let him do that and to play a few extra songs when the crowd were begging them not to stop at the end. I'll be selling them to every fiancé I know for a long while, in the selfish hope that I'll see them play again. - All the best, Brett - London, 6th August 2016
Hi Andy, Could you please pass on, that Alex and I would like to say a massive thank you to the band for the amazing entertainment they gave us and our guests at our wedding on Saturday. We have had so many compliments. Especially about the rapping! Thanks again, George and Alex Married 14th July 2017
Hi Andy, Good morning, apologies it has taken so long but since we got back from our honeymoon I have been tied up pretty much every day, this is my first set of real days off as it were. It is however really important to Laura and myself that you express our gratitude to the band for their performance at our wedding reception back in July. The band were truly exceptional and everyone at the wedding was asking after them, we seriously could not have asked for any more...their youtube videos were great but if anything we felt they were better live. I can only apologise that we didn't get to speak with them after their set ended, we wish we had managed to get to thank them personally but it was all a bit of a blur at the end. The music the band performed was just perfect, we had a real mix of ages there and everone was impressed and catered for. The day was rounded off perfectly and I was personally dancing my ass off...I am glad the photographer left when she did or there may have been more evidence of that. heh heh! Anyway we would really appreciate it if you could pass our appreciation on to the band, and we would be more than happy to add our feedback should you have anywhere we can upload it? Thanks again and Kindest Regards for making our special day so special. Tim and Laura Collins - Married 29th July 2017
We wanted to say a huge HUGE thank you to the band, who were absolutely amazing at our wedding!!!! We had so many people comment on how brilliant they were and the dance floor was absolutely packed! We had the best time!! Please please pass on our thank yous to them - they made the whole evening extra special. All the best, Fran and Mike - Wedding 11th August 2017
We would just like to say a massive thank you for your performance at our wedding at the Wetland Centre. We have had a lot of positive feedback about your singing and playing. The choice of songs was exactly as we’d hoped and you performed them brilliantly. We really appreciated how you tailored both the content and volume to the party atmosphere as it allowed our guests to listen or chat as they wished. A special thank you for learning ‘Better Together’ so that we could match our steps to it, down to the last beat! Wishing you every success in the future, Rachel and Cliff
- Ho Hey
- I Will Wait
- Shake It Off
- Mr Brightside
- Hello (SJ Folk Remix)